35 King of Random Survival Videos
Here at UK Survival Guides we love the King of Random and it seems to be that he is creating more and more videos that are of use to the survival and prepping community.
We want to try and make it a little easier for you all by grouping those videos together and putting them in one place for easy viewing. This post will be updated as new survival/prepping related videos are added to his channel.
- 1 1. DIY Electromagnetic Flashlight
- 2 2. How to Make a 3 Penny Battery
- 3 3. How To Make a Fire By Rubbing Sticks
- 4 4. Homemade Signal Flares
- 5 5. How to get 2000ºF Solar Power
- 6 6. Slam Rod Fire Starter
- 7 7. Urine Ignition
- 8 8. HHO Generator – Water to Fuel Converter
- 9 9. Start a Fire With a Water Bottle
- 10 10. Char Cloth in a Tuna Can
- 11 11. Make an Emergency Phone Charger – MacGyver Style!
- 12 12. Emergency Butter Candle
- 13 13. 5 Ways to Start a Fire, Using Water
- 14 14. Make a “Matchless” Survival Fire Kit
- 15 15. How to Make an Icy Air Blaster
- 16 16. Leak-Free Cold Packs
- 17 17. Tuna Torch
- 18 18. Gum Wrapper Fire Starter
- 19 19. How To Make The Mini Metal Foundry
- 20 20. How To Make An Electrical Arc Furnace
- 21 21. How To Escape Professional Handcuffs – With A Paperclip
- 22 22. How To Make The Business Bucket
- 23 23. Make A Pocket Slingshot
- 24 24. Improvised Pressure Release Switch
- 25 25. How To Fix A Fire with a Broken Lighter
- 26 26. Simple “Tent Peg” Cooking Stove
- 27 27. Safety Match Survival Hack
- 28 28. How To Make A Boobytrap Tripwire Trigger Board
- 29 29. Make A Trash Can Metal Foundry
- 30 30. How To Build A FLAMETHROWER
- 31 31. Making Bread with ROCKS and WHEAT
- 32 32. How To Make a Paracord Bullwhip
- 33 33. 6 Must-Know Survival Knots
- 34 34. Ultimate DIY Survival Slingbow
- 35 35. Make Survival Glue With Sap and Charcoal
1. DIY Electromagnetic Flashlight
We understand the importance of keeping a flashlight handy at all times but the problems we face are that:
- If it requirse batteries we also need a good supply of those
- If it is solar/crank – a good quality one can often be fairly expensive
Instead, check out this video for creating your own electromagnetic flashlight from materials you may already be able to salvage from broken electronics.
2. How to Make a 3 Penny Battery
This wouldn’t usually make the list for me but if you have some change laying around and are in desperate need of charging a small electronic device check out the 3 penny battery.
3. How To Make a Fire By Rubbing Sticks
An important priority for survival is having the ability to create fire. With this you can cook food, boil water, keep wild animals away, or even create smoke signals.
4. Homemade Signal Flares
If you ever run into trouble you are going to need some way of sending a signal in the hopes of a rescue. This is where making your own signal flares comes in handy.
5. How to get 2000ºF Solar Power
We shared this video before in an earlier post but are putting it here also to keep the videos together. In this video you are going to learn how to take an old TV screen and turn it into a 2000ºF solar cooker.
6. Slam Rod Fire Starter
How about for your next project you build something you can add to your kit that will allow you to start a fire with air.
7. Urine Ignition
I am not personally a fan of this, there are much easier ways of making fire but you never know. Keep the knowledge locked away and you never know when you may need it.
8. HHO Generator – Water to Fuel Converter
This isn’t one of the cheapest projects to build but we love it. You are going to learn how to build a generator that uses electricity to convert water into an extremely powerful fuel!
9. Start a Fire With a Water Bottle
We all know this method but if you are just starting out, learn how to start a fire for survival if you having nothing but a water bottle and a bright sunny day.
10. Char Cloth in a Tuna Can
In the following video you are going to be shown how to make a great batch of Char-Cloth which will easily take a spark when you need fire.
11. Make an Emergency Phone Charger – MacGyver Style!
In this video, you’ll learn how to “MacGyver” a 40 Watt Electrical Generator from a cordless drill and a few household items. Here’s how to charge your phone, illuminate small lights, and make electricity in a pinch.
12. Emergency Butter Candle
Did you know butter was flammable? Learn to make emergency candles that will give you light in a power outage for hours. It really doesn’t get any simpler than this.
13. 5 Ways to Start a Fire, Using Water
Here are 5 ways to start a fire, using water.
14. Make a “Matchless” Survival Fire Kit
How to start a survival fire without matches, using chemistry! It is probably a lot easier and safer to just carry matches or a lighter in your kit. Not too sure I would ever be caught out without either but happen to have this stuff.
15. How to Make an Icy Air Blaster
If you need to keep cool why not check out this novelty drink can air conditioner.
16. Leak-Free Cold Packs
The gel from a baby diaper is used to make an improvised “leak-free” cold pack. When the ice pack melts, it won’t leak water, even if the bag gets punctured.
17. Tuna Torch
Grab a can of tuna and a piece of paper towel and you have yourself a makeshift lamp that will give you a good couple of hours of light.
18. Gum Wrapper Fire Starter
How to start a fire with a gum wrapper, and a flashlight battery.
19. How To Make The Mini Metal Foundry
Learn how to make your own simple little backyard foundry for less than $20, for melting pop cans, and casting aluminum.
20. How To Make An Electrical Arc Furnace
How to hack flashlight batteries and a fire brick, into a desktop arc reaction chamber. …For hobby metal melting, and for science!
21. How To Escape Professional Handcuffs – With A Paperclip
Here’s how to escape from professional, double-locking handcuffs, with a single paperclip.
22. How To Make The Business Bucket
When you got to go, you got to go. In this video you learn how to make a portable, emergency supply kit, that could save your tush during a natural disaster. Or at least, provide a little cushioning for it.
23. Make A Pocket Slingshot
Bottle caps and balloons combine to make incredibly powerful pocket slingshots!
24. Improvised Pressure Release Switch
Hacking common mousetraps into electric booby trap mechanisms.
25. How To Fix A Fire with a Broken Lighter
I hadn’t actually come across this one on his page before but super easy and effective way of taking your broken lighter and making a fire with it.
26. Simple “Tent Peg” Cooking Stove
If you’re hiking, back-packing, or camping and forgot your stove here’s a little bushcraft hack that could save the day.
27. Safety Match Survival Hack
If your matchbox gets ruined, you can still use the matches inside, with this one simple trick.
28. How To Make A Boobytrap Tripwire Trigger Board
Make a tripwire alarm, a zombie perimeter breach, air-soft grenade, or light fireworks from a distance!
29. Make A Trash Can Metal Foundry
For this project we’re using kaowool to make a new lightweight backyard foundry, for melting copper.
30. How To Build A FLAMETHROWER
So yeah, let’s make a flamethrower! In this video you’ll take a look at all the parts we’ll need, and running through the basic assembly.
31. Making Bread with ROCKS and WHEAT
32. How To Make a Paracord Bullwhip
In this video, we’re learning how to take cheap materials and fashion a sturdy and effective bullwhip.
33. 6 Must-Know Survival Knots
Today we’re getting down to basics and learning to tie 6 useful survival knots!
34. Ultimate DIY Survival Slingbow
Today we’re building the ultimate PVC survival bow that is filled to the brim with a ton of basic survival items!
35. Make Survival Glue With Sap and Charcoal
In today’s video we’re showing how to make a glue stick from trees!