Goal Zero Sherpa 100 Power Bank Review
Goal Zero Sherpa 100 AC Portable Power Bank
The Goal Zero Sherpa 100 AC portable power bank is by far the most high quality power bank that we have come across so far. It also works great alongside the Goal Zero Solar Panel. If it is super fast charging while on the move that you’re after, you must check it out.
This is more than powerful enough to power your phones, tablets, DSLR cameras and laptops which unlike some we have reviewed, will also power your power-hungry MacBooks.
There are two high speed power delivery ports which come in at 60W each. These provide you with rapid power for laptops, phones and more.
There is also an integrated 100W AC which allows you to make sure that you have enough power no matter where you’re headed.
A feature that I haven’t yet come across with any power bank, but this has, is the wireless charging. Many modern phones have the ability to use wireless charging which is what I love so much about the Goal Zero Sherpa 100. If you do happen to have a wireless enabled device, you can simply lay it on the top to begin the charging. How cool is that, no wires! No matter the phone, there’s a wicked fast, convenient charging solution for you. 2 x 2.4A USB ports also included.
Another great feature is the built-in storage space for the four included cables that you will need for powering your devices. You receive an Apple cable, Micro USB, USB-C and a USB-C to USB-C cable. The detailed OLED display gives you all the information you need on what power is coming in and going out. You also get detailed port information and can even set roles for the ports.
Goal Zero are a company that can be trusted and they always go above and beyond in everything that they create. Their customer service is also one of the best we have experienced.
If the Sherpa 100 starts getting a little hot, the fan will kick in and cool it back down but too be honest, it isn’t the most silent.
How to Charge the Goal Zero Sherpa 100
You have three ways in which you can charge the Sherpa 100. These are:
- Use a compatible solar panel and charge via the power of the sun. Time to charge will depend entirely on the size of the solar panel.
- Use included cables to recharge from a USB source in 8 – 10 hours
- Recharge from your car 12V adapter in about 3-5 hours
- Wireless Qi (output): 5W max
- USB-A: 5V, up to 2.4A (12W max), regulated
- USB-C PD ports (input/output): 5V, 9V, 12V, 15V, 20V up to 3A (60W max), regulated
- AC inverter (output): 110V, up to 0.9A (100W max), 60Hz, modified sine wave
- Charging port (input, 8mm): 14-22V (50W max)
- Weight: 2.0 lbs
- Dimensions: 7.5 x 1.0 x 5.68 in (19.0 x 2.54 x 14.4 cm)
- Operating usage temp: 32-104F (0-40C)
- Certifications: CE FCC RoHS
- Cell chemistry: Li-ion NMC
- Pack Capacity: 94.7Wh (14.8V, 6400mAh)
- Single Cell Equivalent Capacity: 25600mAh @ 3.7V
- Shelf-life: Charge every 3-6 months
- Management system: Charging and low-battery protection built-in
Overall, we love the Goal Zero Sherpa 100 and all the powerful features that come with it.