How to Make Acorn Coffee
Today we have a really simple recipe for you for making acorn coffee. To be fair, it doesn’t really taste much like coffee, but it is still a very warming and nutritious.
If you have ever tried to eat a raw acorn you will know that they have a bitter taste and they don’t really taste very good at all so we need to process them before doing anything else with them. When gathering your acorns, you only really need a couple of handfuls and that would be enough for several servings.
You can check out the recipe for acorn coffee below.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Category: Drink
- Yield: 20 Cups
- 450g acorns
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add the acorns.
- Boil the acorns for 15 minutes or until they turn a dark brown color.
- Remove them from the heat and peel the acorns and then cut them in half.
- Spread the acorns out onto a baking tray and place them in a warm spot for about 2 days to dry out.
- When dried, grind the acorns in a coffee grinder until coarse then pop under the grill for 5 to 6 minutes making sure they do not burn. Remove from the heat.
- To drink, mix 1 teaspoon into a cup of boiling water. Allow to steep for a minute or two then strain into a clean cup and serve as you would coffee.