Pancakes don’t just taste good but they are also incredibly easy to make from scratch. Even with this, it surprises me at just how many people don’t have even the simplest of recipes on hand.
It has become all too easy to just go to the store and pick up a box of already-made pancake mix. I won’t lie, I have used these in the past too but believe me, they are nowhere near as good as making your own.
- 110g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 200ml milk mixed with 75ml water
- 50g butter
- Optional fillings (fresh fruit, lemon juice, sugar, etc)
- Measuring out the flour and sift it through a sieve into a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour and break the eggs into it.
- Use a whisk or fork to whip the mixture together in the bowl.
- Slowly mix in the water and milk mixture (and we mean slowly).
- Next you need to melt the butter in a pan. Then add about 2 tablespoons of it into the batter.
- Make sure that your pan is at a medium heat and add your first pancake.
- After about one minute you’ll need to toss the pancake. If any of the pancakes start sticking then you may need to add more butter or oil to the pan to carry on.
- Now we move onto the filling! This comes down to personal choice but you might want to try fruits, chocolate, honey, lemon or sugar.