In order for our bodies to repair themselves and top-up needed energy supplies, we need sleep. I had suffered with sleep problems for many years, that was until I came across a book titled “Relax and Win: Championship Performance” that was written back in 1981 in which you read how to relax, and also how to fall asleep within two minutes, something which is apparently employed by the US military.
The fact is, a lack of sleep can lead to very dangerous mistakes being made which is why this technique was adopted. This technique supposedly allows anybody to fall asleep in any conditions, in any environment, day or night, in under two minutes.
Military Method for Falling Asleep FAST
Follow the steps below to try this method out for yourself or share with others that you know suffer with issues sleeping.
- Start off by taking slow and deep breaths relaxing the facial muscles as you do so. Release any tension in your forehead, jaw, and around your eyes.
- Relax your body. Start with your shoulders, dropping them as low as possible. Then loosen your upper and lower arm on one side and then the other.
- While breathing in deeply and exhaling slowly, relax your upper body and then release any tension in your legs, from your thighs to your lower legs.
- After your entire body has been relaxed for 10 seconds, you have to clear your mind. There are many ways in which you may find best to achieve this but try one of the following as a starting point:
- Imagine yourself lying in a canoe on a serene lake with blue sky above you.
- Picture yourself all cosy and warm in a black velvet hammock in a pitch-black room.
- Say ‘don’t think, don’t think, don’t think’ over and over again for 10 seconds.
Once you are physically relaxed and your mind is empty for at least 10 seconds, you’ll fall asleep. Try it out and let us know how you get on.