Here at UK Survival Guides we take your safety and security very seriously and so any time we find something that we know can protect you, we share it with you.
We like effective products that don’t cost a fortune and today is no different as we bring to you the Ideal Security Inc Patio Door Security Bar with Anti-Lift Lock.
The great thing about this is that because it has been designed to be mounted in the middle of the patio door, you won’t need to keep crouching down every time that you want to open the door.
This is an adjustable security bar that can fit a span as narrow as 26 inches or as wide as 47 inches. It is easy to set up and doesn’t take up much room when not in use. It actually uses a swinging action which pivots the bar back up on the back hinge. This way, you won’t need to completely remove the bar when not using it.
Business Insider recently named this as “The best sliding door security bar” and it is easy to see why.
This updated version of the Ideal Security Inc Patio Door Security Bar with Anti-Lift Lock also has an optional clip added that sits behind the saddle. This prevents your children from raising the bar and getting outside, and protets against potential intrusion when the door is locked in an open position.
The bars are made of extruded aluminum (the same material used in cars and airplanes) to be both lightweight and strong.
Features and details:
- Includes the new childproof Anti-Lift Lock
- Adjustable from 26″ to 47″ for easy installation without cutting
- Mounts in the middle of the door, not on the bottom. Open your door without bending down to reach the bar
- Acts as visual deterrent against burglars who can see it clearly through the door
- Swings up and stays out of the way when not in use
- Quick & easy installation
- Made of advanced lightweight and strong extruded aluminum (the same stuff used to build airplanes!)
- Easy adjustment lets you leave the door partially open while still being secured
Here is just a taste of the reviews that this product is receiving:
You can check it out here.